Dear valued guest,
As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced health and safety protocols to ensure the well being of our guests and employees:
- We thoroughly sanitize all cabins and common areas between the guest use, including all boating equipment
- We have laid out markers and instructions throughout our business to ensure a minimum spacing of 2m or 6ft between individuals
- At this time, our dining room is closed and breakfast and dinner meals are being served at the cabins for all inclusive packages
- We continue to implement recommendations from public health officials as they arise
Our Ask of Our Guests
If you feel unwell, have been identified as a close contact with, or have symptoms of COVID-19, please contact us to postpone your trip. Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter our premises.
Physical distancing is required at all times.
We encourage all guests to bring hand sanitizer and a mask. Please note, Transport Canada has made it mandatory for travelers to wear masks on planes and in commercial vehicles. Failure to comply with physical distancing and hygiene requirements risks the closure of our facilities.
Please complete the following screening questionnaire. If you answer yes to any of these questions, please stay home, contact your local health officials and contact us to postpone your trip.
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Are you currently under mandatory quarantine as a result of recent travel or by orders of your
local public health authorities?
- Have you been identified as a close contact to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Do you have a fever and cough?
- Are you having difficulty breathing or feel any discomfort in your chest?
COVID-19 GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT
As of May 22nd, the following emergency orders impact our business and services:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (70%+ alcohols).
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- Dispose of used tissues immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay home.
- Disinfect frequently touched/used areas such as doorknobs, sinks, faucets, toilets, tables, remotes, light switches, handles, etc.
- All guests are expected to practice personal hygiene and wash their hands frequently.
- All guests are to comply with the gathering restrictions and social distancing requirements as set out by public health officials.
- All guests agree to comply with the emergency orders set forward by the Province of Ontario.
- All guests are to wear masks when travelling via plane, in company vehicles and in all areas where social distancing requirements cannot be met.
- Until emergency orders are lifted, no guests are allowed to access pools, spas, or fitness facilities.
- Guests are to be respectful of the space of others around them.
- Housekeeping and outpost camp guests will adhere to posted kitchen cleaning protocols during their stay.
If any guest begins to feel ill or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, the guest must self isolate in their cottage or and advise the camp operator of their symptoms immediately. The camp operator will contact the local public health unit and advise them of the symptoms and await further instruction.